What is a Privacy Audit?
A privacy audit provides a library an opportunity to examine:
- How privacy matters are handled at all levels
- The flow and storage of data
- The role data plays within the organization
- Staff training about privacy matters
- Existing and needed privacy policies
- User privacy and confidentiality
This is an ongoing process, not a one-shot project. Audits will look different depending on the size of the library and the level of control staff have over their technology infrastructure.